STEM Lending, a privately held online mortgage broker with a history of operations in Philadelphia, PA, is looking to hire a Mortgage Loan Officer to expand our brand throughout the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. To apply, email your résumé to: email@example.com
At STEM Lending, we’re building a new platform for today’s mortgage borrower that breaks down the barriers for customers who previously were unable to competitively comparison shop their mortgage loan options.
Our team combines technology experts from GE Capital and Citigroup’s tech division, with financial talent from Goldman Sachs, Tower Research and other New York FinTech startups. Having this kind of diversified talent under one roof has allowed us to tackle some of the biggest customer pain-points in the mortgage industry.
As we simplify and transform the mortgage process for first-time homebuyers, we’ve been guided by three main principles:
1) In 2018, everyone comparison shops for everything, except their mortgage. Studies show 77% of all mortgage borrowers only compared vs. 1 other lender. The lack of comparison shopping has cost the average mortgagee ~$3,500!
2) The mortgage application process is moving from offline to online. 80% of mortgages were issued offline, but that % is dramatically changing and will likely reverse in the next 5 years.
3) If it’s possible to streamline the mortgage application and reduce the paperwork & frustration from a 2-month process to a 2-week process – we owe it to ourselves & our customers to do just that.
If this sounds like the right place for you to accelerate your career in the mortgage industry, send us your résumé today.
Selected MLOs will report directly to the CEO and CTO. The MLO will be responsible for the development, performance and execution of all sales activities in assigned market and will have extensive exposure to the very best technologies used in mortgage lending today, working with leading mortgage and tech experts.
• 70% – Generate business, leads and relationships with professionals in your geographic footprint, including: existing clients, past clients and real estate professionals.
• 25%- Pipeline Management & ensure exceptional pull through of locked loans.
• 5% – Ensure compliance with all regulatory compliance requirements and guidelines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Meet with customers by phone or in person, reviewing their financial status, goals and needs and recommending appropriate loan products and services that are in the best interest of the customer.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgement in comparing and evaluating possible lending products that suit the customer’s financial situation.
• Negotiate loan terms and conditions on loans within Company guidelines. Responsible for all rate locks on loans originated, closed internally, or brokered to another lender. Work with the processing team and Branch Manager to monitor locks and extensions as necessary.
• Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process.
• Providing the best customer experience possible in each interaction as though this is the largest financial transaction, to date, in their life
• NMLS License required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2 years’ experience as a Loan Officer required, with a proven track record of minimum 2 funded loans per month.
• Ability to review and analyze a customer’s financial status, goals and needs, and recommends the appropriate loan product.
• Ability to resolve problems effectively and quickly with dissatisfied customers.
Ability to work under high pressure deadlines with diplomacy.
• Strong ability, desire and honest enjoyment in working with others as part of a team as well as working independently. Desire to serve and act in the best interest of the company and customer.
• Highest degree of integrity and work ethic while adhering to professional conduct standards consistent with company policies & procedures
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sales and sales presentation skills.
• Perform weekly file reviews with assigned Processor, review missing or incomplete items.
• Maintenance excellent communication with the Processing and Funding teams.
• Understand and comply with all applicable government regulations and cooperate with internal quality control and compliance programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org